I’m a freelancer working with cultural organisations like museums, libraries, archives and galleries. I’m also building up a new photography business. I travel around the country and I’m often away. My husband works part-time as a primary school teacher and looks after our son who has special educational needs.Read More
Creating a new visual identity was always part of my business reboot plan. After ten years with the same look, it was time for a change. But more importantly, I wanted a new identity that would more accurately reflect my refreshed business direction and approach, as well as give a nod to my roots.Read More
For the first time in my ten-year freelance career I took July off from all client projects*.
Rewind six months.
Back in January I was feeling worn out. Juggling ten different contracts, I was run down and lacking in motivation. Projects had been delayed. Work was contracted and subsequently cancelled without explanation. And I was experiencing a big dose of imposter syndrome on projects that just didn’t feel quite right.Read More
- Schools marketing is much more than how you communicate your offer
- Testing out design thinking for libraries with an evaluation and research community of practice
- Measuring what matters when your public engagement programme moves online
- Tips and support for freelancers living with keyworker family members
- Behind the scenes of my new visual identity created by StudioDBD