Copywriting commission for The Atkinson and four other northwest Egyptology collections.
The Selling Egypt project involved the following museums:
- The Atkinson, Southport
- Bolton Museum, Art Gallery and Aquarium
- Towneley Hall, Burnley
- Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery
- West Park Museum, Macclesfield.
My work involved:
- creating a ‘joined up narrative’, and understanding of how the five collections and collectors link together
- writing the story, distilling the key themes, personalities and ideas from background information and images provided
- providing a text of 2-3000 words that is accessibly written, for internal use among specialist and non-specialist staff.
Selling Egypt was funded by Strategic Support Funding from Arts Council England.